QualiSafe specialises in a broad range of consultancy services within the food industry, and we’re here to share our knowledge and expertise with you. Whether you need assistance with the preparation of documents, creating label controls, advice on legal compliance, shelf life or allergen risk assessments and menu analysis, we can help you.
Below you can see some of the areas we have assisted clients with in the past.
– Stands for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. The HACCP system helps businesses to identify, assess and control hazards that are significant for food safety. A food business must develop their own procedures based on the principles of HACCP and comply with the legal requirements by following good hygiene practice. We can help you to create a safe and sustainable HACCP system and produce all the related documents.
– BRCGS was founded in 1996 by retailers who wanted to harmonise food safety standards across the supply chain. BRC Global Standards set the benchmark for good manufacturing practice, and helps provide assurance to customers that your products are safe, legal and of high quality. Because of these rigorous standards, it’s not an easy journey to meet with BRC requirements, but we are here to assist you in preparing yourself and your premises for full compliance.
– Maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards. All requirements of this system are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of size and complexity, allowing any organisation to implement externally-developed elements in their food safety management system. We can help your business be totally prepared to meet the requirements of this system and be ready for any related inspections.
Occupational Health and Safety
– Occupational health is the term used to describe the way that work can affect the health of employees. The main piece of legislation dealing with workplace health and safety in England, Wales and Scotland is the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. The law says that every business must have a policy for managing health and safety. A health and safety policy sets out your general approach to health and safety. If you have five or more employees, you must write your policy down. If you have fewer than five employees you do not have to write anything down, but it is useful to do so. We are here to help you to prepare a safer workplace for you and your clients, and help to eliminate risks and document all details under the legislation requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 as well as the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
– We are here to help evaluate all allergens in your menu or pre-packaged food labels to keep people safe. Managing food allergen information is a legal requirement and from October 2021 ‘Natasha’s Law’ requires more robust procedures regarding accurate information about the allergenic ingredients used in food and drink you serve or sell.
– Lots of retailers, wholesalers, food warehouses and manufacturers need to have organic certification to produce, store or sell food that is labelled as organic, as well as those importing organic food from non-EU countries. We are here to help and guide you through a review of all your products, labels and processes and get you ready for the certification process or importing procedures.
Food Labelling and Legal Requirements
– All pre-packaged food requires a food label that displays certain mandatory information. All food is subject to general food labelling requirements and any labelling provided must be deemed accurate and not misleading. We are here to provide assistance to help businesses understand the complex labelling legislation and to check draft labels against the relevant regulations.
Product Tests and Hygiene Monitoring Tests
– Good food hygiene is a necessity for businesses at every stage of the food supply chain. Qualisafe can help you comply with legal requirements by testing your food microbiologically, chemically and nutritionally to ensure your food is safe, determine the shelf life of your products and to help standardise your operations.